Posted by Console Vault on 4/12/2021 to
If you're an armed citizen and do any sort of driving, sooner or later you'll need to consider a vehicle gun safe.
What are the advantages of vehicle gun safes:
1. They are necessary given most cars' poor security.
2. They should be hidden so they do not draw a thief's attention.
3. They should attach to the superstructure of the vehicle.
4. Compared to gun vaults they are lightly built.
5. This is acceptable, given they are meant for short-term storage.
6. Most are not fireproof, given the rarity of it in vehicles.
7. Many handgun safes are acceptable vehicle safes.
The common refrain about “gun-free zones” is “I simply won’t go.” It’s a noble sentiment, steeped in the righteous intentions and completely incompatible with real life. It stings like salt in a wound, but a visit to these less-then-enlightened venues end up on a to-do list more often then you'd figure — be it jury duty, parent-teacher conferences or even work.
Like the home variety, a vehicle gun safe thwarts crime and keeps your firearms where it needs to be — in your possession. And should be among the top accessories for anyone who carries on a regular basis. Quite possibly, it's the gun owner's best travel companion.